Which fence?

Have you seen the photos of 'Goats in Trees"??? They climb!
Woven wire fencing, with electric on top and maybe also inside, should work. As long as the electric is on, anyway. And very good gates, with electric also.
Quail are very nice!
Mary

No I haven't seen that but sounds hilarious! Well, not when you're trying to keep them contained lol

Thank you! Is electric expensive or very hard to set up?

And yeah, they seem like it! Kiki just hatched a bunch a couple months ago and they are soo cute plus quail eggs are so pretty so I have been thinking of them too.

Just google 'goats in trees', it's amazing! I first saw the book at a bookstore.
Electric isn't difficult to set up; we have it for our horses, cattle, and as part of our dog fencing. Premier1supplies is a great resource for information and supplies for any livestock fencing, both online, on the phone, and in their catalogs.
Mary

Just google 'goats in trees', it's amazing! I first saw the book at a bookstore.
Electric isn't difficult to set up; we have it for our horses, cattle, and as part of our dog fencing. Premier1supplies is a great resource for information and supplies for any livestock fencing, both online, on the phone, and in their catalogs.
Mary

I just looked it up and that is a riot! Too funny and makes for great pictures :lau

And thanks, I'll have to check that website out.

Goats are hilarious. My male was originally purchased as a mascot/work pet for the boarding kennel/dog grooming I worked at. The one owner, named Chris was in a wheel chair. The goat, name Billy, would always jump up onto his desk, papers flying, appointment book going too the floor. When Chris would bend over to pick up the stuff Billy knocked onto the floor or to tie his shoes, Billy would jump up onto his back. He was a great pet. Chris didn't think so after a while and so Billy came too live with me.
I think you should just get both goats and quail

Goats are hilarious. My male was originally purchased as a mascot/work pet for the boarding kennel/dog grooming I worked at. The one owner, named Chris was in a wheel chair. The goat, name Billy, would always jump up onto his desk, papers flying, appointment book going too the floor. When Chris would bend over to pick up the stuff Billy knocked onto the floor or to tie his shoes, Billy would jump up onto his back. He was a great pet. Chris didn't think so after a while and so Billy came too live with me.
I think you should just get both goats and quail

Aww he sounds awesome!!! And maybe I will! Definitely want to :lol:

Fencing options can be different based on whether your goats have horns or not, and whether they are bigger breeds or miniatures. We use welded wire 2x4 openings with a single strand of electric fencing about half way up to keep the goats from rubbing. Otherwise goats will push and lean into a fence than walk forward to scratch their sides which of course ruins the fences. They will also stand and push fences over. This year we had to add a top wire as one goat will jump over the fence to get out to eat. They will always keep you on your toes.

Cattle panels can work for goats without horns, otherwise horned goats will be constantly getting their head stuck.

Fencing options can be different based on whether your goats have horns or not, and whether they are bigger breeds or miniatures. We use welded wire 2x4 openings with a single strand of electric fencing about half way up to keep the goats from rubbing. Otherwise goats will push and lean into a fence than walk forward to scratch their sides which of course ruins the fences. They will also stand and push fences over. This year we had to add a top wire as one goat will jump over the fence to get out to eat. They will always keep you on your toes.

Cattle panels can work for goats without horns, otherwise horned goats will be constantly getting their head stuck.

Thanks! I'm a bit scared of electric wire but seems like it may be necessary. And they would be disbudded

Use normal fencing like that and you'll be chasing and catching goats 24/7 (Talking from experience) I bought this for my goats and love it~ Once they get shock once or twice they know not to try and escape anymore.. Plus it's very easy to move around once my goats have worn down the area.
https://www.amazon.com/Premier-Elec...9539110&sr=8-2&keywords=goat+fencing+electric
I would also suggest buying a solar powered fencer for it..

Use normal fencing like that and you'll be chasing and catching goats 24/7 (Talking from experience) I bought this for my goats and love it~ Once they get shock once or twice they know not to try and escape anymore.. Plus it's very easy to move around once my goats have worn down the area.
https://www.amazon.com/Premier-Elec...9539110&sr=8-2&keywords=goat+fencing+electric
I would also suggest buying a solar powered fencer for it..

Thanks! That looks awesome

Back
Top Bottom