Which gender is my RIR?

I just tried google translate and it did not work well XD Are you sure that you have the right ages on those cockerels? Did you raise them from chicks, or get them from someone else? They're beautiful, I'm just so confused how they're so developed.
Yes, same! I don’t understand...crowing at a month!? Chicks don’t even have all their feathers by then- how are they crowing and how do they have all of their hackle/saddle feathers etc.?? They should be tiny chicks at a month! Isn’t the earliest age a roo starts to crow at 4-5 months?!

Yes, same! I don’t understand...crowing at a month!? Chicks don’t even have all their feathers by then- how are they crowing and how do they have all of their hackle/saddle feathers etc.?? They should be tiny chicks at a month! Isn’t the earliest age a roo starts to crow at 4-5 months?!
Maybe he has used the very high protein feed, that caused the chicks to become so much developed in a month(or two).

I've had cockerels start crowing at 7 weeks. Or trying anyway, they're not very good in the beginning :lau Usually it's only the most "bossy" of the clutch that crows this early. Anywhere between 2-4 months is normal for mine, depending on place in hierarchy and breed. Light breeds develop early, heavy breeds later.

I just tried google translate and it did not work well XD Are you sure that you have the right ages on those cockerels? Did you raise them from chicks, or get them from someone else? They're beautiful, I'm just so confused how they're so developed.
Yes i got them when they were around 2 weeks

I've had cockerels start crowing at 7 weeks. Or trying anyway, they're not very good in the beginning :lau Usually it's only the most "bossy" of the clutch that crows this early. Anywhere between 2-4 months is normal, depending on place in hierarchy and breed. Light breeds develop early, heavy breeds later.
Yes same was the case with ne. The bossy one who is an australorp started earliest. Maybe he wanted to announce his rule that in the boss. Lol. ..... Another Australorp also started but he crowns rarely. The one RIR rooster has not started crowning yet

Back
Top Bottom