Which guy to keep

I say keep 1. I am actually in favor of the Welsh. Aggression with the females is just their mating habit and may calm down when there isn't another drake around. I love to be able to hold a duck, and it sounds like the Welsh is more willing to let you do so. That makes caring for them much easier.

Also, if they ate just going to a friend outside of town, you could always swap the drakes again if necessary. That wasn't an option for me because our excess deals go to the chopping block which makes the decision permanent.
I was also thinking on those lines with the eating of the other boy. But the friend opens it up to options. Thanks

I have 3 drakes and 13 females my Muscovy have their own flock so they aren’t in the equation that’s 5 but my Runner drakes are doing fine with their 9 females. But I really like having drakes with my flock they really do watch over their girls.
So I'm 3 to 4 females short of a happy flock. Which is not possible since I'm in the city. Wish I could get more but I'm sure my neighbour's would object.

Will my boys over breeding. That is the nice way to say it. Cause one of my girls to lay premature. She has been doing that over the last two weeks with the added mating pressure. Laying soft eggs in the evening while trying to hide from the assholes (my two males) has anyone else had that. She has layer feed, plenty of oyster shells. But gets pressured all the time. And she gets her cidar vinegar. So kinda at a lose other than the raping

Back
Top Bottom