Which hen is laying this egg??

HBRRanchCO

Songster
Dec 15, 2017
Simla, CO
I know I may never actually know the answer to this question, but it is driving me crazy! Reading up on all of my hens, I have not found any that are said to regularly lay this egg. So here is what I have if you want to help me figure out the mystery.

I have 13 hens right now. I know which egg goes with which hen for a few of them (for instance I have a campine who is like 6 and lays cute little white eggs, a whiting true green who lays nice big green eggs, 2 Easter eggers who lay the nice bluish green eggs...and I think that’s about it)

My mystery is a cute little light tan egg, barely smaller than the Campine egg so I’m calling it “medium”. And although we will use them, I’ve stopped putting them in my cartons to sell because they’re so much smaller. If I could figure out who is laying them I might avoid putting them on my list of breeds to get again.
I have:
A buff rock
A RIR
A Barred Rock
A light brahma
a golden comet (she lays nice big brown eggs, pretty sure this isn’t her)
3 black Australorps (these ladies lay nice big light brown/pinkish eggs, so I dont think it’s them)
A white hen with black dots that I think may be a whiting true blue and lays a pale blue egg. She was supposed to be a California white, but it became apparent that was not what she was as she grew up.
(2 Easter eggers, a campine, & a WTG that I am 99% certain this is not their egg)

0979B3B6-1EAE-4A7A-9415-B0D36AE2363E.jpeg
(These are a mix of the mystery egg and our campine eggs in a cute little wire chicken basket my mom found for me)

So, who’s is your money on?? I think I’m leaning toward Fancy the light Brahma...

My light brahma lays small roundish tan eggs. My other did the same. I'm betting on the brahma too!
Huh interesting!! Well thanks for letting me know, maybe it isn’t doomed to stay a mystery forever lol. The only reason my guess was the light Brahma was because I found a larger range of possibilities of sizes and colors listed for them. I wonder why that is? I’m going to look some more.

Back
Top Bottom