Which incubator to get?

SilkiesRcool

Songster
Nov 1, 2016
Florida
I would like to hatch and sell enough chicks to pay for my feed for the month. I would like to set between 20-35 eggs in the incubator with relatively good hatching rates. I am in school so I would need an egg turner I think I'm not sure how often you have to turn them and it would make it a lot easier. I would also like to hatch out silkie chicks and I would probably only hatch between 10-15 chicks for them. Budget is about $150 for each one or cheaper is better. Thank you very much for the advice.

With that budget, you're mostly looking at Styrofoam incubators which are less reliable than those made of other materials and more prone to temperature swings. However, if you could spend just $25 more, you could get an Incuview, which is a digital incubator that is very reliable according to those who use it and has all the features you're looking for, like an included autoturner.

http://incubatorwarehouse.com/incuview-advanced-combo-kit.html

If you really don't want to spend any more, then I would recommend you look into getting a Hovabator, because those are the most reliable of all the Styrofoam incubators, although they still, again, tend to not be as reliable as others made of better materials.

Back
Top Bottom