Which is better: red or buff bantam cochins?

InsaneBreeder

Songster
9 Years
Feb 12, 2010
Kurtistown, Hawaii
Any opinions? I am going to order a variety of bantam cochins, and I only want to get silver-laced, self-blue, white, and either red or buff. So I can't decide between the two.

Edit: I'll re-phrase the question. Which color of the two I've mentioned do you find more appealing?

Last edited:
Quote:
I'm talking about which color appeals more to you; not where the color comes from.

i understand what you are asking i was just stating the fact that i would not order from a hatchery

Quote:
I'm talking about which color appeals more to you; not where the color comes from.

i understand what you are asking i was just stating the fact that i would not order from a hatchery

Just out of curiosity, why would you not order from a hatchery? Does it have to do with show quality, health, risks, or something else?

Quote:

Just out of curiosity, why would you not order from a hatchery? Does it have to do with show quality, health, risks, or something else?

just becuase at this point i am more interested in better quality birds that are better representations of their breed, but hatchery birds are great for people seeking pets, but anyone interested in breeding like i am should buy their birds from private breeders

Hmm . . . I'm not a fan of either color, but if I had to go with one, I'd choose red, simply because I don't see that color as often . . . well, not in the form of bantam cochins, anyway.

Back
Top Bottom