Which is dumber? A box of rocks or our border collie?

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
I gave Charlie (the wolfie) and Jake (the border dummy) each their Christmas present this morning...a large bone called a Chewlotta. Charlie loves these and took her time enjoying hers, but when I looked at Jake he had gobbled his and was standing there with a large chunk of it stuck at the back of his mouth. I ran over and used the finger scoop to sweep it out of his mouth. Okay, that's not the dumb part; lots of dogs gobble their food. The thing is when I got it out of his mouth, I tosed the chunk off into the bushes and went to get him a piece of cheese instead. When I got back there was Jake with the chunk of chewlotta stuck at the back of his throat again and he wouldn't let me near him...guess he thought I was going to 'take' it from him again! The SO walked over and grabbed him by the scruff and did the finger sweep. We threw the chunk in the garbage and he finally got his piece of cheese. I swear if that dog had fingers he'd be sticking them in light sockets non-stop!
barnie.gif

Yes, border collies are known to be smart dogs and yes, mine is defective, to say the least.
I got him from my best friend/co-worker. After Jake pulled this little stunt I remembered her telling me the other day that in their new litter of pups (same mom, different dad) they have a puppy that they are constantly having to do the puppy hiemlich on because he gets his food stuck in the back of his throat!
th.gif

Oh, did I mention that last night the SO called me at work to tell me he'd finally figured out what Jake has been barking about so much? Turns out Jake has been hearing his voice echo off the hills behind the house (with all the trees and such bare, I guess it has a different sound). He barks, his echo barks, so he barks back at it.

Jake sounds like he came from the same gene pool as our pomeranian, Toby. I've never seen a dumber dog! He's so stupid that even though he's never been abused (he was born in our front room, so we know his past treatment), he'll run in terror if you try to pet him or show any form of affection.

well I am not going to try and turn this into " how dumb is your dog thread " but you have it easy with your border ---
Wally is a purebred boxer - big manly dog with a big manly part - Wally is scared to death of mice !! the water hose, rain,baby chickens,and my parrot !!
Wally also has the habit of not watching where he runs - when 6 months old he ran into the clothesline pole and dang near knocked himself out - a few days ago a group of geese went flying by - wally thought he would run and bark at them ( while looking up ) he ran into the wooden dog house ( it is half the size of the chicken coop ) so this is a pretty good sized dog house.
I would love to trade dogs with you LOL

Julie

Back
Top Bottom