Which is harder to hatch? Turkey or Chicken?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by yanks26, Jan 10, 2009.

1. yanks26

yanks26 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2009
    Connecticut
    Is it harder to hatch a chicken or a turkey? Also, which one would you recommend to hatch for purposes of making money? Like which has the most profit?

2. L*A*G*

L*A*G* Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    planet chicken
    CHICKENSSSS!!! [​IMG] I'm telling u DON't GET TURKEYS 4 money and easy raising!we have lost a lot of turkeys cause they r so hard to keep alive as a chick. and as a grown turkey, they will replace your guard dog! they will kill themselves if u don't let them go out 4 a free rang! [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2009
  3. yanks26

yanks26 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2009
    Connecticut
    Hahaha ok just curious! Also, why are their reptile incubators? People cant breed reptiles just to keep themselves do they? They must be for selling purposes right?

4. ricklo

ricklo Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Turkeys are much harder to raise up from babies.
    My chicks just go out with the hen and do their own thing,
    but the Turkey polts are much harder to raise, especially the first 2 months!
    At least that is my experience in the last year.[​IMG]

5. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Turkey are harder to hatch and raise, but if you raise them right . off the ground,proper feed, never lost one the last two years. with them on wire for 10 weeks.

Not easy as chicken, just need to raise them proper.

With feed cost, if you dont enjoy birds, you are not going to make alot of money. It alot if fun,but if you count your time, you will be losing money

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by