Which is the Easter Egger and which is the Olive Egger?

Sandracula

In the Brooder
Apr 16, 2023
I ordered 4 started pullets this week, including one Easter Egger and one Olive Egger. I realize they can look like almost anything but can anyone tell me which one is likely the EE and which is the OE? The birds in question are the white and the gray in the photos. They should be 6-7 weeks old. The white is giving me rooster vibes but I’m hoping I’m just paranoid since my last 4 “started pullets” included two roos 🤦‍♀️. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_8558.jpeg
    IMG_8558.jpeg
    760.8 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_8554.jpeg
    IMG_8554.jpeg
    771.3 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_8516.jpeg
    IMG_8516.jpeg
    478.2 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_8591.jpeg
    IMG_8591.jpeg
    779.6 KB · Views: 71
I only see three in this group. One looks to be a buff Orpington, one looks like an Austra white. The blue one may be the olive egger. I can't tell from the photos if it has a single comb or a pea comb.

I only see three in this group. One looks to be a buff Orpington, one looks like an Austra white. The blue one may be the olive egger. I can't tell from the photos if it has a single comb or a pea comb.
Sorry I was unclear. The other two are a buff and a cream legbar and it’s just the other two I’m unsure about. Thank you!

Sorry I was unclear. The other two are a buff and a cream legbar and it’s just the other two I’m unsure about. Thank you!
Okay. I'm honestly not sure that the white one even is an a colored layer. Maybe. There are all sorts of Easter eggers out there now, but I wouldn't be surprised if you got a substitution. I think the blue one is probably the olive egger, so the white one is more likely to be an EE. That's just a guess, though.

Okay. I'm honestly not sure that the white one even is an a colored layer. Maybe. There are all sorts of Easter eggers out there now, but I wouldn't be surprised if you got a substitution. I think the blue one is probably the olive egger, so the white one is more likely to be an EE. That's just a guess, though.
As long as the blue one lays green eggs I can still live my colored egg basket dreams with the cream legbar 🤞 Thank you again!

Well, it would be anything, because Easter Egger is such a viege term, it's a little bit Unpredictable!! I have a Mediterranean chicken that lays blue eggs lol!!

Update for anyone who might stumble on this: the white chicken lays blue eggs and the gray chicken lays green! They both started laying around 23-24 weeks.

Attachments

• IMG_9858.jpeg
    IMG_9858.jpeg
    695.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_9855.jpeg
    IMG_9855.jpeg
    460.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_9860.png
    IMG_9860.png
    4 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_9861.png
    IMG_9861.png