Which is which?

Kel45

In the Brooder
Jun 16, 2021
Hello, I’ve posted before but I’m wondering if anyone has input on which is which as far as breed, these two came leg banded from Meyers Hatchery but I had to take them off before I could tell the difference in them. In this pic they are 3 weeks old.
my guess is this one is the Black Copper Maran 👇🏽
BEEE87DA-4E2A-429D-9924-CFD10545CAC0.jpeg

B24ABC3D-8564-4801-A94D-226C49B9EA3D.jpeg

And this one the Olive Egger 👇🏽

26B3B222-0DA1-46F1-9373-B844744015E0.jpeg
BDE8724E-97FF-4267-BEA6-9BE6B82D801F.jpeg

I agree with your assessment, but I'm afraid you might have a pair of cockerels. At least the maran might be
Oh no!!! I can’t have Roos where I live 😢 I was hoping I would get lucky and get all females as I did order sexed but I know there is still a small Chance of getting a roo 😭 What makes you suspect cockerel for either?

Oh no!!! I can’t have Roos where I live 😢 I was hoping I would get lucky and get all females as I did order sexed but I know there is still a small Chance of getting a roo 😭 What makes you suspect cockerel for either?
The comb on the first is too big at three weeks to be a pullet and I'm not sure on the second chick but it has a noticeable comb as well, but it's a normal size, it could be a pullet.
I could be wrong, maybe Marans mature quickly.

The comb on the first is too big at three weeks to be a pullet and I'm not sure on the second chick but it has a noticeable comb as well, but it's a normal size, it could be a pullet.
I could be wrong, maybe Marans mature quickly.
I hope it’s not a roo! So far all of the 6 chicks are great and friendly and come right up to us to hold! I’ll be so sad to have to see any go to a new home.

After looking at your other thread, I have a theory. The little “mystery meal maker” is your OE, an they just sent you one extra BCM.
Possibly! But the Olive Egger and BCM were leg banded! And it was those two in the pics above and I couldn’t tell those two apart when I did take the bands off!
And happy to hear it may be still too early too tell, hoping they are all female 😬

at what age can I post pics and people be able to tell gender better?

As a newbie, I have found that I guess wrong on gender on Eggers & Americanas more often than not. In my newbie opinion, their combs can confuse me! So I think too early to tell for the OE!

Back
Top Bottom