Which is which?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by dacasodivine, Mar 22, 2008.

1. dacasodivine

dacasodivine Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2008
    Me and another person split an order. She is the one that divided them, and I'm not sure I got the right chicks.

I have dial-up so trying to do a search takes forever waiting for pictures to download.

I have identified the 3 GL Wyandottes, the 2 polish, and the 3 EE's. What I have left are 1 black chick with a little spot on the top of the head and light/white underneath. Is this an Australorp? Then I have 6 gray/black/white striped chicks, some with more white on the face than others.. I was supposed to have 3 SL Wyandottes, 3 Australorps and my friend added 3 Barred Holland. I don't know if the 6 are all GLW or a mix of GLW and Barred Holland or are the Australorps striped like Wyandottes? I know I'm missing 2 of something but don't know what! LOL

Here's a pic of the group from the other day and one from right after I got them. The second pic has the one lone black one.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Thanks for the help!

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

The black chick with the spot on the head is probably the Barred Holland. Australorps do not have headspots or stripes.

3. dacasodivine

dacasodivine Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2008
    Thanks. So I guess she gave me all the SLW. She ordered 3 for her and 3 for me. I guess that also means she got all the Australorps.

Thanks again.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by