Which is which???

How will I tell my chicks and ducklings apart?

• PM me because it is a secretO.O

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Who cares about naming them?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buy some rubber bands and place them on the chicks/ducklings leg!

• You should know

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • PM me and I will help you:)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BLA BLAB!!!?!!:P

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Look it up!

• Total voters

DuckRaiser

Songster
6 Years
Jun 8, 2013
Elmira Oregon
My Coop
My Coop
I am getting ducklings and chicks sometime but how will I tell them apart to name them???
hu.gif

Some colors/varieties are easier to differentiate from each other.

You didn't mean, "how will I be able to tell ducklings from chick?" Did you? Because that wil be pretty obvious!

If you want to mark them, rubber bands are bad, you can use a small spot of nail polish for a temporary mark.

Some colors/varieties are easier to differentiate from each other.

You didn't mean, "how will I be able to tell ducklings from chick?" Did you? Because that wil be pretty obvious!

If you want to mark them, rubber bands are bad, you can use a small spot of nail polish for a temporary mark.

Ah...Okay! Thank you for your help! Please tell other people about my thread!

Well, this how I tell chickens apart, I would assume that the same thing would apply for ducks! Lol! So, just find little differences. Like I have a hen Sunshine, and I tell her from my other BO, because her comb spikes are farther apart. So just little things like that make a big difference. Good luck!
Okay, thank you!
hugs.gif

They make bands specifically for telling chickens apart. You can buy metal or plastic, numbered or not. Look up "spiral bands" and "bandettes."

None of your options were what I read somewhere online, beaks should be different? Personally im as far as chicks, ducks later on when I can do turkeys and guineas too. But if I knew for sure I would be happy to share. Isn't that what the site is for? Sharing :D

Back
Top Bottom