Which kidnapping case freaks you out the most?

Quote:
If it freaked you out, and you aren't even afraid of the Air crash investigations, I'll take your word for it that it's horrifying. Even if I have a thing for REALLY scary and/or sad movies. I still prefer funny ones though.

I know! I like remote areas, but not that desolate and isolated. Why would someone want to live back there in the first place, even for farming?

*Shudders*

It's weird, isn't it? Air crash investigations though, I like just cos of the flights. I think it's fascinating, not scary at all
old.gif

But yeah... when it comes to horror films like those, I tend to start shaking
tongue.png

Really? Have you ever seen the Grudge? ugh, I am never watching that, ever... trailers are quite enough for me!

I love funny movies. have you seen flying high?
lau.gif
Have i asked you that question before? What about Catch me if you can?
lau.gif

I don't know, even farming wouldn't really work if you went too far inland, there wouldn't be enough rainfall. I wonder how Alice Springs started out, they must be pretty dry in there.
caf.gif

I don't think I could live that far from the coast, only able to see sea by plane
tongue.png
That would make me feel really weird, to be perfectly honest.

I actually own a copy of Wolf Creek. It does remind you of stories in the way of Wrong turn(the Mountain men are supposed to be brutal), Hostel isn't exactly a situation I'd want to be in either.

Despite the Earth's astounding beauty it is also full of amazing cruelty. Man's cruelty to his fellow humans is an unfortunate reality that we as parents protect our children from as much as we can. But as they get older and more independent we need to educate and prepare them to protect themselves. I firmly believe that a simple plan can be tremendously helpful to small/young children no matter the age and size. It may not work in all cases but may be the impetus to make an attacker or kidnapper think twice about harming our kids.

I was taking martial arts (karate and ju jitsu) about the time of the Jessica Lundsford case as well as a case involving a12-13 year old in Florida near the same time frame. The older girl was walking alone and was caught being grabbed by her kidnapper by a video camera at a carwash business. The attacker grabbed her by the wrist and spoke to her for maybe thirty seconds, then leads her out of the field of the video and she walked along with him. Her body was found 2-3 days later, and this perpetrator was caught soon after, tried and convicted and eventually given the death penalty.

I spoke with my sensei and began to instruct my 6 y/o son on what to do if this happened to him.

1) SCREAM loudly "FIRE!" or "This isn't my Dad!" or anything to bring attention to yourself. A kidnapper wants the least amount of attention on him while committing his crime.

2) FALL TO THE GROUND! It is a huge amount of effort to lift a person up that doesn't want to be lifted. Most people realize that it is too much work to keep trying to lift/carry an unwilling victim that is kicking and screaming.

3) TEACH your kids some very simple yet effective ways to induce pain or injury on someone who is taking them against their will. These can include (but are not limited to) groin strikes, biting, breaking fingers, facial strikes, especially in the mask area (mouth, nose, eyes).

In my opinion this can only help the victim and frustrate the criminal. I tteach any child in my family as well as their parents if they wish. I want a better world for my family but the reality is what it is, and that is the world isn't nice all of the time. We need to be as prepared as possible as early as possible to prevent the unthinkable, IMHO.

Oh yeah, and the Sandra Cantu thing was also creepy. I lived about half an hour away from it at the time...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom