Which kind of guinea?

To the OP - I was looking through Guinea Farm's selection and notice they have "Jumbo" guineas, which they claim are large like the French guineas but can breed naturally. Just a thought!
smile.png

Does anyone know if Guinea Farm has a minimum number you have to order per variety? Can I mix and match to get 30 keets or do I have to get all of one kind?

Quote: Yah, unfortunately a lot of the big hatcheries don't provide much color choice on Guineas, since they sell so may other types of poultry I guess. And I agree, ordering keets from The Guinea Farm is pricey... maybe you could split an order with a friend or 2? They are a really pretty addition to any flock. I have 12 of them split up between 3 of my breeding flocks, so I hatch quite a few each season.

And the Mini (my 1/2 horse in my sig) is more like 3/4 of a horse.
She's a little hippo... but only 31.5" tall lol.

If I had the choice of buying locally or ordering, I'd buy locally even if it cost more and it's usually cheaper.
I ordered some a few years ago and they left a lot to be desired, two DOA and three more died the next day, the hatchery did made a refund. Locally you can see what you are getting and get first hand advice to boot. This is just my experience.

I wanted to add to my small flock of guineas, so
I ordered a mix of 15 of royal purple, violet, and coral blues from Strombergs in October....
That was their minimum, and they sent 20. If i remember correctly, shipping was included.
You may have to wait until they are available in the spring.
Might check them out - they have quite a few colors.......

http://www.strombergschickens.com/prod_detail_list/Guineafowl-For-Sale/1

Ideal Poultry doesn't have much of a selection (French, Pied, White, Pearl, and Lavender) but their minimum order is $25 in poultry. Their keets are priced from $3.80 to $4.00 each so you only have to order 7 keets to reach the $25 minimum. And for the OP in Arkansas it's free shipping and no sales tax. Has anyone ever ordered guineas from Ideal? I myself like that there's no 25 or 30 keet minimum, but I wish they had Royal Purples!

I wanted to add to my small flock of guineas, so
I ordered a mix of 15 of royal purple, violet, and coral blues from Strombergs in October....
That was their minimum, and they sent 20. If i remember correctly, shipping was included.
You may have to wait until they are available in the spring.
Might check them out - they have quite a few colors.......

http://www.strombergschickens.com/prod_detail_list/Guineafowl-For-Sale/1
Holy cow! I just checked out their website. I've ordered chickens from them before, but I guess that I just never realized how many different varieties of guineas they sold.

Back
Top Bottom