Which one do I get the Golden comet or the salmon faverolle????

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Skitz, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    i'm getting baby chicks and I need 5 more of a single breed. Which one is the best the Golden comets or the Salmon faverolles?

2. Colored Egg Farmer

Colored Egg Farmer Chicken overload

I'm not sure about the salmon faverolle. But if you looking for a good layer the Golden comet (sexlink) is the way to go.

3. hensdeliverthegoods

hensdeliverthegoods Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Catawba County, NC
    I'd vote for the Golden Comets as well. Great layers, and very hardy. [​IMG]

4. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    Where are you getting chicks this late in the year?? Just curious.

5. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    I too am a Golden Comet fan, just great all around chicken, great layer, good temperment, easy keeper, OH and lets not forget nice looking bird too.

AL

6. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    Amyquilt,

well i'm getting them sometime on february 2009.

7. LynneP

LynneP Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm thrilled with my golden comets, and I get an average of 11.5 eggs daily from 12 birds at 26 weeks. Friendly, healthy ladies...[​IMG]

8. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Yeah but Favorelles are so darn cute!!!!

My Favs are sweet and really cute.

9. what was i thinking

what was i thinking Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    cny ny
    faverolle are cuties. but they are really wimpy. i have a roo that is a couple months and he was in the his brother and 25 pullets the same age. he and his brother sat with their heads in the corner as far as the can get them. everyone picks on them and they run and hide. i traded squiggy's brother lenny for a laying pullet, shirley, and she is beautiful. very friendly and not as wimpy. she lays eggs almost everyday and small pullet ones. that is my only experience with them, but squiggy is my favorite of all chickens. i just said the other day if i had to get rid of all my chickens i would have squiggy some how, even if it ment in a cage in the house. (that would be yucky)
    pic of lenny and squiggy two months ago.
    [​IMG]
    i have never heard anything bad about golden comets. i think i heard they are laying machines???

10. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Def. Salmon Faverolles. My girls are very friendly and curious, plus they lay nice large eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by