Which one?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Louieandthecrew, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Louieandthecrew

Louieandthecrew I am actually a female!

2. Louieandthecrew

Also if you know of a better place to get an incubator PLEASE give me a link to the wesite or the website name! THANK YOU!!!

3. teresa-78

teresa-78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2010
    England
  4. Gerbil

Gerbil Oh, Crazy!

Jun 24, 2010
    How many eggs are you planning on hatching and would you mind turning the eggs? If you are only doing a 6 or 7 and this is your first time and your willing to put out the extra, go with the mini. I have always turned mine by hand and monitored the temp and humidity myself, not fun if you have 35 eggs and the temp won't stay stable. Apparently the mini has an alarm to warn you if the temp or humidity change, I wish mine had that..... But mine still works great! Last hatch was 5 out of 6 Silkie eggs! My Seramas on the other hand..... not so hot. So it mostly depends on what you want to do. [​IMG]

I used a little giant. [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
  5. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I have the second one, the Brinsea Mini Advance, and I love it. I would go to Brinsea's website - it's on sale online for $119.99
    http://www.brinsea.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=33

Actually, now I have a Mini Advance EX, as well, and I'm testing it with a batch of eggs at the same time as I'm using the original one a second time.

6. Chantay

Chantay Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2009
    Carrollton, GA
  7. rpower

rpower New Egg

Feb 4, 2010
    The OCtagon 20 ECO is great. You can get the optional turner with it. And if you don want the turner, you don't have to open it up to turn it you know???? It is shaped like an OCTAGON for a reason, just turn the whole machine one way, back to orginal, then the other way. You know??? [​IMG] some peeps don know that. It is on sale at BRINSEA.COM this month.

8. Louieandthecrew

Cool! Thanks everyone!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by