Which roo(s) should I keep??

pmoore

Chirping
May 13, 2018
Ohio
Sorry if this doesn't fall into the right category, but it seems fitting! I have (maybe) ten cockerals in my flock- I will be processing most of them but I'm not sure which one(s) I should keep for my ten ladies. There is an assortment, so I will list the breeds I have that are cockerals and based on that I'm curious which one(s) you would keep!
3 Easter eggers
1 Blue Laced Red Wyandotte
1 White Wyandotte
3 Black Sex Links
2 Single Comb Brown Leghorns

I keep them based on friendliness, quietness (depending on if it is a problem or not), and beauty. Although beauty isn't a huge thing to worry about, but if both are quiet and friendly, I'll choose the prettier one.

That's just how I would do it...But then again, I don't know what you want in a roo...
:idunno

Edit to add: Also if you want/need more than one, make sure you have enough hens for each of them...

My ladies are 3 Black Sex Links, 1 White Wyandotte, 2 Red Sex Links, 1 that's white with fluffy feet (haven't figured her out yet) and 2 Brown Leghorns!

Im
I keep them based on friendliness, quietness (depending on if it is a problem or not), and beauty. Although beauty isn't a huge thing to worry about, but if both are quiet and friendly, I'll choose the prettier one.

That's just how I would do it...But then again, I don't know what you want in a roo...
:idunno

Edit to add: Also if you want/need more than one, make sure you have enough hens for each of them...
I'm interested in breeding eventually, but temperament is important because my kids like to interact with the chickens.

I love Brown Leghorns!
Beetov-Hen.JPG

Sorry if this doesn't fall into the right category, but it seems fitting! I have (maybe) ten cockerals in my flock- I will be processing most of them but I'm not sure which one(s) I should keep for my ten ladies. There is an assortment, so I will list the breeds I have that are cockerals and based on that I'm curious which one(s) you would keep!
3 Easter eggers
1 Blue Laced Red Wyandotte
1 White Wyandotte
3 Black Sex Links
2 Single Comb Brown Leghorns
Pics?

Back
Top Bottom