Which Silkie Roo to Keep

PNWSilkieChick

Chirping
Sep 20, 2020
Hi There,

I knew this day would come... I have been raising a group of nine Silkie chicks and recently, at fourteen weeks old, three have started to crow. My flock will only be big enough for one boy, so I need to make a decision. Perhaps you can help?

I've already ruled out one of the three crowing cockerels so am left deciding between these two fellas:

Contender 1. Egg name "Blueberry". My #1 bug eater, Bluebs will snatch slugs off plants and jump to catch flying bugs. He is watchful but not an alarmist. A little greedy with treats (see below pic of this pretty boy eyeing my sprinkle doughnut). Bluebs does have a weird fused toe; otherwise, he seems genetically normal for a silkie.
20200906_094545_capture-jpg.2341890

Contender 2. Egg name "Angel". Angel is super easy to pick up & hold and one of my few that I've bathed and blowdried. He was the first one to perch. He has normal Silkie feet, the most noticeable walnut comb of the group and is a bit shorter than Bluebs. Angel has demonstrated protectiveness; once when I was catching a flockmate he rushed out and pecked my hand.
20200901_184223.jpg

So which one would YOU keep, and why? Perhaps I should run them through a series of tests to determine the most able flockmaster?

Attachments

• 20200906_094545_capture.jpg
    20200906_094545_capture.jpg
    368.7 KB · Views: 27

Back
Top Bottom