Which silkie rooster do I keep?

PNW keeper

Chirping
Mar 29, 2022
I have 2 silkie roosters that are 11 weeks old. I have 7 hens of different breeds (silkie, creme legbar, welsummer, d'uccle, silverudd blue). I can only keep one of the roosters. I am more attached to the white silkie, a bit more social and alpha than the black silkie. The black silkie has recently had a growth spurt and is bigger, but still the beta. If I had to keep one, is there any other reason to keep one over the other?

IMG_1945 copy.jpg

I have 2 silkie roosters that are 11 weeks old. I have 7 hens of different breeds (silkie, creme legbar, welsummer, d'uccle, silverudd blue). I can only keep one of the roosters. I am more attached to the white silkie, a bit more social and alpha than the black silkie. The black silkie has recently had a growth spurt and is bigger, but still the beta. If I had to keep one, is there any other reason to keep one over the other?
I would check each one thoroughly to make sure there are no health issues, and I would think carefully about their behavior and temperament.

But those are the only points I can think of that you did not already mention.

View attachment 3128933
I would keep whichever rooster is best to you, and the hens.

you are much more likely to lose the white roo to predators. i lost my white silkie roo to something.

Back
Top Bottom