Which temp is more accurate?

afj6710

Chirping
9 Years
Jan 2, 2011
We just got an LG still air - yes, I know, I know, it is a "murderbator"
hide.gif
- we're planning on altering it to make it more reliable. But it was a really good deal and I couldn't pass it up. I have it plugged in, trying to check the temp levels. It has the little glass thermometer that it came with, as well as a digital thermometer/hygrometer that was my son's. The glass one says it is a little over 99.5 (where the line is) but my digital one says 98.9 - which one would be more accurate? Does it matter since they are both so close and within an ok range?

running maybe 8 hrs at that point? I turned the temp up slightly so now they are reading 102 and 102.5. I just put another digital room thermometer in there, so I'll check it later and see what it says.

That's what I'm aiming for. I have the incubator in a room with the most steady temps. We live in a 100 yr old house with a lot of drafts and no heating downstairs.
th.gif

My SIL just incubated some eggs in an LG still air at 102 the ENTIRE TIME and did not once check the humidity. I think almost all of her eggs hatched. Baffling.

Back
Top Bottom