which temp reading should i look at?? Duh??

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ChickenWendy, Mar 8, 2008.

1. ChickenWendy

ChickenWendy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    I have one of the accurite hydrometer/thermometers from walmart for my homemade breadbox incubator (directions courtesy of Miss Prissy) and i dont know which temperature reading to look at. Is the prob temperature inside the water wiggler the inside temperature or the outside?

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Outside. The probe is made to put outside someone's window and the unit stays inside so you can read the temp outdoors. We use it for bator temps, though.
    Also, just so you know for sure, the probe does NOT measure humidity, the unit does so it has to go inside the bator.

3. ChickenWendy

ChickenWendy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    Thank you. Yes I might have sounded stupid but I'm not completely. My humidity is staying at around 44%. I'm trying to get it set up for eggs.
    Thanks again.

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

You didn't sound stupid at all. Better to ask and be sure you have it all down, right? Good luck!

5. wolfpack62001

wolfpack62001 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2007
    New Brockton, Alabama
    Thanks Cynthia, that helped me, never used a wiggler.
    Another post on here needed help, under explain it slowly.
    Thanks again
    Todd

6. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Not a stupid question at all. I had to stop and readjust my thinking to make sure my mind would read the in and out correctly as well.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by