Which thermometer/hygrometer???

920utlaw

In the Brooder
9 Years
Mar 3, 2010
Chicago
Hello All I have another question...
I have a hova bator with two regular old thermometers in it, one has a hygrometer attached. Both therms display two different readings. I wanted to buy one of those digital thermometer/hygrometers. Whats your opinions on those and which ones work best?
Thanks
William

Whatever you do be sure to compare the digital thermometer to a *known* precision thermometer such as an oral thermometer like what you check for a fever with. Also calibrate the hygrometer portion of the unit.

In a little test I did several months ago the Accurite with the "outdoor" probe was the most precise one of the Wallyworld types.

The most precise thermometer usually suggested is the Brinsea "Spot Check" or "Egg Temp" thermometer. You can find it at www.cutlersupply.com .

Best wishes,
Ed

What ever you decide to buy, just make sure you calibrate it, so you will know how accurite it is.
thumbsup.gif

http://exoticpets.about.com/od/herpresources/ss/hygrometer.htm

Thats another question I had, How good are those egg-o-meters. They look pretty cool and have an alarm that goes off when temp is outta range but does it read humidity? Is it worth it to buy one or are the other types of thermometers just as good?

Yeah calibrate.

My acurite was 11% off with humidity and about 2 degrees off from temp.
Outdoor was 2 degrees too high and indoor was 2 degrees too low.
I wrote +11 beside the humidity reading with a fine point sharpie.
Did the same for the temps too.

Back
Top Bottom