Which to get

I have pilgrims, plus one buff/pilgrim mix. They're supposed to be more docile, but they scream as loud as heck when they see me. I haven't had other kinds of geese, so I don't know how they compare to a supposedly noisier breed.
Mine scream loud too when they see me, but when a predator theyre just silent

Also side topic, my pilgrim girl who's like 8 months old keeps flying, she comes back but like 50+ft in the air and im scared she'll get hurt is there any way to get her to stop other then clipping her wings

Mine scream loud too when they see me, but when a predator theyre just silent
A lot of times geese do go silent if they're terrified of a real threat. My geese honk when they see me because it's more like, "hey, how are you doing!" And they will hiss and puff up and potentially attack something and it may or may not be a bluff, depending on if they have babies to protect or something.

Also side topic, my pilgrim girl who's like 8 months old keeps flying, she comes back but like 50+ft in the air and im scared she'll get hurt is there any way to get her to stop other then clipping her wings
Really no practical way, unfortunately. A roofed enclosure. Why are you opposed to clipping her wings? If done properly, it doesn't hurt them.

I heard that it can hurt them that's all, I guess I can clip.
Is it normal for young pilgrims to fly that high though?

When there was a cayote attack they went crazy but for raccoons theyll just continue sleeping

I heard that it can hurt them that's all, I guess I can clip.
Is it normal for young pilgrims to fly that high though?
My thoughts younger pair is about 5-6 months old and the most they've ever flown is maybe 5 feet. Generally speaking, they're too heavy of a breed to fly very high.

She flies a lot is it possible she isn't pilgrim? She's has a white face and she grayish brown the males she was hatched with were white and she was gray so i just assumed so

It's possible. My first thought was that she actually might be underweight, making it easier to fly so high. Have you held her recently? Do you have an idea how much she eats?
I bought a gander this summer who was severely malnourished. When I picked him up, all I could feel was bones and feathers. After he had access to pelleted feet, his transformation was swift and he is a beautiful bird now.

Back
Top Bottom