Which welsummer roo to keep?

Why do I have red blocks for the pics!!??? I have done this dozens of times before and never had that problem? The roo that I want to keep is the main roo of the whole lot, he has a black breast but the rest of him is a gorgeous mahogany red colour. The red bird has a red breast instead of black - he is mostly red with just a black tail. Grrr! How do I fix the picture issue?

Quote:
I disagree with this remark.

Having had many years experience with dobermans, I know perfectly well that you can have good protective instincts without having objectionably high levels of aggression. A high quality protector knows when aggression is appropriate, and when it is not.

Quote:
Godiva --

I'm just guessing here, but since your pics came off your cell phone maybe there is something screwy about the file format or name?

If you feel like emailing the pics to me, I'd be happy to take a look at them. I am NOT a graphics expert, but I'm avoiding real work today and I could play with them a bit.
wink.png

How much longer will it be until they have their adult feathers? This has been a question for me for a while... would love to know the answer!

Quote:
I disagree with this remark.

Having had many years experience with dobermans, I know perfectly well that you can have good protective instincts without having objectionably high levels of aggression. A high quality protector knows when aggression is appropriate, and when it is not.

These are chickens, not dogs. Different creatures differing result.,

Quote:
In the details, sure. But the overall behavioral principles are usually remarkably similar.

Suit yourself.
Me, I don't mind letting a cock be himself. "Mean" is relative.

Hey folks! You're kind of taking over my thread with your discussion
hmm.png
Can we get back to the discussion at hand which is actually aside from personality of the roo. I know what roos I want personality wise, what I need is input on what the standard roo should look like and it would also help to know when they will have their adult feathering ... All the pictures I have seen of Welsummer roos they have the black breast. I had a terrible hatch due to incubator trouble so only have three roos to choose from. One has a red breast, legs and fluff and only his tail is black, the other two have the typical black breast and legs and fluff .... but one of those has crooked toes. I guess I was wondering if the red breast is totally a no-no, or if it is an acceptable or even desirable trait when breeding. THanks folks!

Back
Top Bottom