Whiney thread. I'm fed up with "friends".

i also had friends like that. they only came around when they wanted something. if i wanted something they were too busy for me. It wasn't like that at first either. Then she started to get more active with the opposite sex.. and well, the rest was history. I know i had a daughter early on and i tried to be friends with her but she was too busy with the guys... and i mean guyS. I just couldn't take that anymore cuz i dind't like that around my DD and now.. well, she's getting married and i didn't even know until a few days ago. it's 40 days until her wedding(only cuz i saw her on facebook) she and i were best friends. we'd hang out together all summer long. biking and swimming. i bet we were the tannest girls around. even before i had my oldest DD i could tell there was a dropoff on our friendship. i do miss her (and i havent hardly talked to her in almost 11 years) i wish i could pick up the pieces but i know that's really not possible. I have grown up and so has she. she's got her own life now and her own friends. It was then that i realized that friends really aren't what they are cracked up to be. sure, i have *friends* at work. but we don't really go any where and spend time together. I just don't have time in my life for friends. I am mostly satisfied not having friends. my last friend moved to montana. and she never even called or txt me to let me know she was in town a few weeks ago. i saw her in a parking lot somewhere. i felt kind of cheated. but i know it doesn't really matter cuz i most likely wont' see her now anyway. im 28. i've been without *real* friends for over 7 years. since before my husband. and i think the only real friend i need anyway, is him.
smile.png

Sue

I certainly can understand that! Been there and done that LOL!

There are real friends out there, just like Aunt Bea said.....and go out and enjoy yourself for the time being. When Friendswag decided to contact you, you can give some chit chat whats been happening and let nature take its course. Let HER work the friendship for a little bit if she thinks you are worth of being her friends.

I have childhood friends for 30 years ago but we moved on, had families and drifted apart. Then on Facebook, we reunite and it was nice but not the cozy kind of friendship we once had. The friends I have right now, is what I am having right now are keepers and your BYC friends would be here for you as well!

I used to have multitudes of friends. Wound up they weren't good friends. Now, I'm happy to have "friends" at work, my family and the DBF. That's all I need.

I agree with the others...You need to be free of your burden from this "friend."

lol...good to hear (in a slightly...disheartening way) that I am not alone. The other day I deleted my facebook account and I'm going to quit texting her or doing *anything* to try and elicit a response.

And you know what? You guys are right. Making this conscious decision was an entirely liberating experience. To use a somewhat overused term, I feel as if a large weight has been lifted off my shoulders, and my mood has improved. I have my family and my animal companions. I look forward to continuing my life and meeting new people.
smile.png
Can I hear a w00t?
cool.png

if you have to work that hard to try and maintain a friendship.. she's not worth having. IMO. good luck and many hugs. you are not alone
smile.png

Sue

Back
Top Bottom