Whistling?

sadies chicks

Songster
8 Years
Apr 19, 2011
Northwest
I recently aquired 4 white crested pekins from the DH's parent's "farm". I have noticed that one of the ducks has a slight whistle when it breathes. Do I need to be concerned? They are 10 weeks old and didn't have great care in the beginning (hence them coming to live with me).

Thanks!

Hmmm, I haven't had this problem. Wish I could help more but all I can contribute is that maybe there's just something stuck up inside there and his nose needs to be cleaned out?

Ok, I will give them a once-over. I haven't been to invasive with them yet with body checks and such since they are so scared and I want them to settle down a bit first. I thought last night that I should add some electrolites in to their water for a week or so to help boost them up. I did notice that a few of the ducks had downy feathers coming out of their nostrils (initial reaction was to laugh) which I assumed was from grooming?? I have time after work today to really take a good look at them.

Haha, when mine started really feathering out there was little peices of down stuck to each of them in the wierdest places. Good luck cleaning them I would never be able to do that with my crested Pekin; he's the loudest of my whole bunch and a squirmer to boot.
tongue.png

Thanks
thumbsup.gif
Yeah, it should prove to be interesting
big_smile.png
They are still so scared right now that when we hold them (the very few times we have) they just sit there, so hopefully they will behave
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom