white ameraucana

Quote:
I have mostly discussed this with Faverolles breeders about the different genes behind white but I think it applies to ameraucana as well. If I remember correctly someone posted a picture of a white ameraucana chick they hatched or had shipped from Jean and it was grey and Jean said it was just a sign of better white on their feathers when they come in. I will see if I can find that post it must have been a while back.

Henry

hmmm , i got some b/b/s that colored up that way but never a white bird , so far but when these hatch i guess we will see , now a white EE has color leakage for sure which i have some of them , but like my white roo in the pic he never leaked any other colors even except the yellow under color when he was a chick and he was snow ball white as an adult

Last edited:
white in ameraucanas is recessive correct , unlike the leghorn being dominant ? , so i would think that if it is recessive wouldnt that play a role in the leakage ? especially with in the breeding of producing whites that dont leak

Last edited:
You can kinda see what I am talking about here on the rump of the chick there is a bit of gray down this can cover the whole body or just parts its just on the tips of the down not all of it.

Henry

what pic ? im so confused now lol ok so your saying the coloring you were talking about is jus ton the tips not covering the body , right

lol ok i see it now yeah i could agree with that , lol i so thought you were meaning leakage all over their bodies lol ..... my misunderstanding lol we will see how my chicks turn out from the eggs i got from pips&peeps , that is why i asked when the birds joe has came from her , cause even on her website she stated that she has added a different line to better the birds , and i have heard nothing but the best about her birds and her strides to improving them , i do plan on ordering from jon i wish i could now or even in the fall i would love to get some of all 8 colors from jon and jean , then i would think i would have two of the best lines avaliable , i have a few b/b/s chicks now that are a bit older that are from the cree line / cree farms http://creefarm.fateback.com/ameraucana.html , which these chicks i have are from birds of this line , so with them i have hopes of getting birds from jon and jean to increase the quality of chicks i raise as well .... upon the arrival of several chicks being on the ground and started i will be paying my dues with hopes of being a member and involved in the apa & abc

Here are a couple of my hens. I only have hens at the moment. I bought some eggs this spring but had terrible hatch rate and only hatched three and two died. Got one left and I've got my fingers crossed it's a rooster.
fl.gif

1209ameraucana3.jpg

1209ameraucana1.jpg

those are nice looking i would love to have them , are they for sale ? lol ( i know that is a stupid question) , what line are these from , i can say i would be quilty of buying them if they were for sale lol

Jean's white's are beautiful.We have several of them from early Spring.Some hatch yellow and some gray color and those do feather outa beautiful snow white..all are very white though no matter the baby fluff..there is no off color on her white's or at least on mine
smile.png
We also have her Wheaten,Silver,Black,Blue and Buff had the lavender but I can't jump on that train.

kool holly , that is why i got my whites from her , i do want some of the lav, buff ,and b/b/s , just havent decided on wheaten , blue wheaten and silver yet tho but eventually i would like to get the others as well

Back
Top Bottom