White Australorp?

maceleneo

Crowing
Apr 2, 2020
Northern Italy
Hi you all, a friend gave me these chicks and told me they were blue, black and white Australorps. They are 4 weeks old now and they all have very dark eyes, but the white one has yellow legs and beak, shouldn't they be slate?
As far as I know these chicks could all be mutts, but I'm curious about the white one, since I couldn't find much info about white Australorps online: what color are supposed their legs and beak to be?
Thank you all for your inputs!
P1120512.JPG

P1120821.JPG
P1120830 (1).JPG

Tomorrow I'll do better pictures: they all have dark/slate legs except for the white one, which have yellow (maybe greenish) legs and is the bigger and the friendliest one... so it could be a male (but I'm not so sure!).
Do you happen to know what color are supposed white Australorp legs and beak to be?

Tomorrow I'll do better pictures: they all have dark/slate legs except for the white one, which have yellow (maybe greenish) legs and is the bigger and the friendliest one... so it could be a male (but I'm not so sure!).
Do you happen to know what color are supposed white Australorp legs and beak to be?
I don't. I assume the same color as the black ones.

My friendliest chicks have tended to be females over the years. And on a safety note, the heat lamp appears to be far too close to the straw which could lead to a fire.

the heat lamp appears to be far too close to the straw which could lead to a fire.
Thank you, it's higher now. How long will they need the lamp? At the moment minimum temperatures are about 30ºF where I live, I guess I could take the lamp away in a couple of weeks, is that right?

White Australorp can have light beaks but not yellow, it should be either slate, bluish white or horn (pinkish white). The legs should also be slate blue with white feet.
That's what I suspected, I guess they are mutts then. The person who gave them to me keeps all her birds separated in different areas, but I guess there must have been an accident! :/

Last edited:
Thank you, it's higher now. How long will they need the lamp? At the moment minimum temperatures are about 30ºF where I live, I guess I could take the lamp away in a couple of weeks, is that right?
Usually a minimum of four to five weeks for utilizing a heat lamp but it all depends on how fast the chicks attain their feathers. The chicks will generally "tell" you their preferred temperature by either huddling close together in a tight pattern underneath the heat lamp if they are too cold or spreading farther out in a circle if they are comfortable. Good luck with your birds whatever they turn out to be.

Back
Top Bottom