White & black...................? ADDED another pic

cmychicks

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 12, 2009
These white & black birds are 7-8 weeks old. We've got 3 roosters
sad.png
and 1 little lady. They have been some of the friendliest chicks we have. Any ideas on breed?

34133_black_n_white2.jpg

34133_black_n_white.jpg

Also, you think the all white one in the #2 picture is a White Leghorn?

Thanks for your suggestions.

Last edited:
Any thoughts?

We went to Tractor Supply Co. on two different occassions and got some of these each time. I believe they came from the 'straight run' bin (although that probably doesn't help much in identifying). They were all yellow until their little wings began to sprout out.

Thanks.

Oops - just noticed your leghorn question. I don't think it's a leghorn - too stocky. I think it's either a white rock or cornish cross. It it's just as active and normal acting as your other chicks, than I'd say white rock. If it's very lazy and eats a ton, you'll need to assume cornish X.

The white one looks just like my leghorn cockerel. The other one looks like a DE? Don't quote me on that one though!! He looks like he has more black than the DE's normally do. Here's my W. Leghorn:

27475_img_2174.jpg

Thanks for all the thoughts!

Regarding the all white little guy......... he is just as active as the other birds. We actually have few jumbo x rocks and this guy is definately not that. If the consensus is white rock, would that be a white plymouth rock? (I'm really a newbie at this
tongue.png
) Also these all white ones seem to have really, really soft (down-like) feathers compared to the others chickens.

Regarding the black and whites....... they have differing amounts of black. Here's a picture of another one that has much less black.....

34133_black_n_white_2.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom