1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

White Brahma???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by stephanie1992, Apr 19, 2012.

1. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

Got it at TSC thinking it was a white cochin. But i took it out of the brooder today now that its bigger and i noticed it has a flat comb and not a single comb. Soo im thinking brahma...but do they come in white?? Its not faverelles(only has 4 toes) and it has no beard or muffs. It is a bantam. Solid white.

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. AccentOnHakes

AccentOnHakes Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2009
    Brahmas don't come in white. I think you just have a hatchery white Cochin.

3. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    I'd say a light brahma. If your chick has a pea comb. If its a single comb, you have a Cochin.

Here's my LB Melody. :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  4. farmerChef

farmerChef Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    It is a light brahma. It will be columbian colored. Black around neck and tail.

5. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

ohh ok. i did pick up a dark brahma with it. I bet she is a light brahma. Thanks everyone!!

6. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    Your light brahma looks more feminine then mine. I'm hoping mines a girl, but I have my doubts. If melody is a boy, we're changing the name to mango. Either way we are keeping him/her. We picked melody from the pullet bin.

7. Liz Bailey

Liz Bailey Out Of The Brooder

May 18, 2013
    Salisbury NC
    whatd your chick turn out to look like? I have 10 that look exactly like that now and dont have a clue what they really are but the are surely not what they were supposed to be

8. cochin lover

cochin lover Out Of The Brooder

Mar 23, 2014
    u can get white brahmas so id would say it is 1

9. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    There are not very many breeders of White Brahmas if any at all in the U.S. and since the op got there birds from TSC it is most likely from a hatchery and there are no hatcheries that I know of that has White Brahmas.

10. OR4-hmom

OR4-hmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2012
    Grants Pass, OR
    I prowl the tanks when the local feed store gets their chicks. They order from Ideal and I saw 90% solid white chicks this year. They probably grew out Columbian but they started out solid white.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by