white bread for chicken

Pics

abdiro

Chirping
Jan 8, 2021
N Y
i read alot of articles about using bread as a main feed of chicken some of them engourage to feed adult chicken (one or two even say it is safe for baby chicken ) .and other researches prevent that (note: A starter diet is about 24% protein, grower diet 20% protein, and finisher diet 18% protein) .i conclude some ideas and i well be happy if you support or correct me :
1-white bread contain 7.3 percent P so what if we add worms (much protein) and eggshells (calcuim) .can that be a dailly food
2-one of the problems of give bread to chicken that will make them fat and lead to decrease production .if we pastured the flock that will help to reduce the fat or not
3-the bread can made digestive problems ( bread can quickly form balls inside your chicken’s crop) .the water can fix that
4-whats the other problems can bread create
*thank you*

i read alot of articles about using bread as a main feed of chicken some of them engourage to feed adult chicken (one or two even say it is safe for baby chicken ) .and other researches prevent that (note: A starter diet is about 24% protein, grower diet 20% protein, and finisher diet 18% protein) .i conclude some ideas and i well be happy if you support or correct me :
1-white bread contain 7.3 percent P so what if we add worms (much protein) and eggshells (calcuim) .can that be a dailly food
2-one of the problems of give bread to chicken that will make them fat and lead to decrease production .if we pastured the flock that will help to reduce the fat or not
3-the bread can made digestive problems ( bread can quickly form balls inside your chicken’s crop) .the water can fix that
4-whats the other problems can bread create
*thank you*
Can you share the article talking about using bread as a main food source? I don't even give bread to my birds as a treat. It's not good for them.

We've always fed bread to our ducks and chickens with zero problems at all so yeah if you wanna feed em bread go for it. Alot of this information people get now comes from feed companies saying that without their products all animals will die. Theres been thousands of chickens raised off grandmas old scrap bowl before Purina came around.

but they have solutions
That don’t always work. And the benefit doesn’t outweigh the risk. I have no problem with someone making their own feed. Or even mainly feeding scraps and free ranging this is what i prefer to do with my flock. A little bit of bread every now and then is okay. But feeding mainly bread all the time will cause many issues. Even people or dogs won’t do well on a diet of mainly white bread.

Back
Top Bottom