White bumps on comb, can’t tell if it’s fowl pox?

travelingchick

Chirping
9 Years
Mar 16, 2013
I have been combing the web and forums trying to figure out if these white bumps on my hen’s comb are fowl pox and can’t figure it out! I’ve applied some anti fungal and apple cider vinegar but no change yet. She’s acting normal and looks healthy otherwise. Curious to hear if anyone recognizes this! Thank you!

Attachments

• 00AB7506-38AA-4C81-B39C-67E1CACEAFCF.jpeg
    00AB7506-38AA-4C81-B39C-67E1CACEAFCF.jpeg
    521.8 KB · Views: 44
  • 63D4AA69-04F5-4A54-80D0-C6FEC36C4927.jpeg
    63D4AA69-04F5-4A54-80D0-C6FEC36C4927.jpeg
    447.3 KB · Views: 18
If you have active mosquitoes, you can assume it's pox. There really is no treatment other than what you are doing already. The objective is to try to dry out the lesions with iodine or Blu-kote.

I don't know what ACV can contribute to the treatment though.

If you have active mosquitoes, you can assume it's pox. There really is no treatment other than what you are doing already. The objective is to try to dry out the lesions with iodine or Blu-kote.

I don't know what ACV can contribute to the treatment though.
Thanks so much. Mosquitoes are definitely an issue here. I don’t remember where I read about the ACV, but I’ll switch to iodine.

I have seen that before. It is a mild case of favus, or fungus. You can take some Qtips and soap, and try to clean out the nooks and crannies. Then daily use some miconazole or clotrimazole cream which treats fungus. It should go away eventually.
Thanks, that’s very helpful! I will try that.

Thanks friends I'm having the same issue with my chickens. How do I know what it is Fowl pox, favus or cutaneous mycuses? Any suggestions are helpful

Attachments

• 20221003_114006.jpg
    20221003_114006.jpg
    652 KB · Views: 11
Thanks friends I'm having the same issue with my chickens. How do I know what it is Fowl pox, favus or cutaneous mycuses? Any suggestions are helpful
By process of elimination, trying one treatment at a time to see what works and what doesn't. If something works, then you have a reasonable idea that you've conquered one of those issues.

Back
Top Bottom