white "circles" on my rooster's wattle

s_tate423

Chirping
12 Years
Sep 28, 2009
Ok. I searched and searched. I can't find exactly what is going on with my boy, Elvis', wattle.

There are tiny little white spots that are red in the center. I recently treated for mites with this stuff the feed store told me was safe... "viper" dust.
I dusted because the girls haven't laid in full force for weeks. I thought, "mites!".
Two days ago (a day after the dusting), I noticed that everyone's feet looked enflamed and crusty. I treated today with campho-phenique and we'll see about that.
While treating I noticed Elvis has these tiny circles. It is almost like human's ringworm in reverse (what is red on us is white on him) and tiny. Smaller than the diameter of a pencil.
I have seen pictures of fowlpox and that isn't even close to it. Like I said, little circles. Not spots.
HELP!
Oh... I'm in the south, so it isn't frostbite... and incase it matters... he is a Delaware.

Ok. upon googling "avian pox"... it may be the first stages... or maybe I'm being a hypercondriac over this....

Anyone know!?!?!

Quote:
recently, yes. There used to be no problem with either, then in the last few months... lots of rain and now lots of bugs.

What do I do?!?! I don't want him to infect the girls, or the other flocks.

About to check out the link - thanks.

And for a pic, it would have to wait until at least tomarrow... and even then, Elvis has to be still, but I'll try.

Quote:
THANKS! Just read the tread. I'm hoping we are right and it is pox... just because I would be at a total loss of what else it could be. I know now what I'm doing tomarrow... some serious misquito hunting and trying to get a pic of Elvis up close.

Back
Top Bottom