White Cornish Standards

I too, would like to find purebred White Cornish chickens. Would prefer hatching eggs as these would be the easiest for me to procure. Does anyone have any to sell and ship to Northern Oregon please?

I am looking to cross my CW's with White Rocks and Orpington's. I am after a fast growing chicken, excellent feed conversion of course, and very strong legs. I also like the White Giants.

I am thinking I am going to have to buy the Dark Cornish instead because the large type white Cornish is just to hard to find. Any recommendations as to a breeder of Dark Cornish that will ship hatching eggs?

Any thoughts on these crosses anyone?

Thanks for your input.
If you are looking for a proven breeding pair of Dark Cornish I have one pair left. So far the hatch rate has been 100% on them They would have to be shipped from Kingman AZ though

Cornish man
I have been looking for white cornish for a while. Just happened to search tonight and found this forum. I would like to have a few breeders or juviniles to keep and be base for a color experiment. I have Columbian Rocks and would like to attempt to set the Columbian pattern on a cornish. I am in Cadiz, KY about 30 min from duck boy although I do not know him. Let me know if I might be able to get this stock from you. Thanks
I can tell you this will be a long process. We are currently working the same project with bantams, we are in our fifth year of the project the first few years getting anything with color was a challenge and it seems to be even harder to get females. We used columbian wyandotte male on white Cornish females, and light Brahma male on white laced red Cornish females (we had received these from another breeder).

frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom