White Cornish Standards

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by aviangems, Jul 12, 2012.

1. aviangems

aviangems Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2009
    Miami FL
    I do

2. pepper48_98

pepper48_98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2008
    Tulsa,Ok
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I one pen out today to enjoy the great day. We have had such crappy weather they, really enjoyed themselves.

3. Eliezerrg

Eliezerrg New Egg

Feb 7, 2014
    Are you guys selling or know somebody else who shares white Cornish breed as baby chicks/young pairs or hatching eggs this season?

It is really hard to get a breeder who sells them.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

4. Bill Matthews

Bill Matthews Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2013
    White Cornish Large Fowls were common 50-60 years ago......Never see any anymore.......What a shame too....I don't know much about genetics, but I once had Bantam Dark Cornish and a cross with a bantam cornish male and a Large Fowl New Hampshire female threw some Large Fowl offspring......Maybe same would work with whites to help with fecundity....?

5. Clsikes

Clsikes Out Of The Brooder

Dec 29, 2013

I have the same problem. Did you find any of a different line to get?

6. DuckBoy

DuckBoy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2010
    I am looking for some standard whites can anyone help me out i live in kentucky.

7. CORNISH_MAN

CORNISH_MAN Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2010
    CALVARY,KY
    DuckBoy I live in Ky and raise Standard white cornish and am looking to get rid of the few I have left as I dont have the time for them anymore. Where are you located? And what are your plans for them? Thanks

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
  8. DuckBoy

Feb 14, 2010
    i live in hopkinsville. i plan to breed them to keep true and also cross some. thanks let me know,

9. antlerdirtjohn

antlerdirtjohn New Egg

Jan 29, 2015
    Cornish man
    I have been looking for white cornish for a while. Just happened to search tonight and found this forum. I would like to have a few breeders or juviniles to keep and be base for a color experiment. I have Columbian Rocks and would like to attempt to set the Columbian pattern on a cornish. I am in Cadiz, KY about 30 min from duck boy although I do not know him. Let me know if I might be able to get this stock from you. Thanks

10. DuckBoy

Feb 14, 2010
    welcome antler.If you find some let me know I am looking also.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by