White Crested Polish?

aimeeinwv

Songster
10 Years
Aug 8, 2009
Teays Valley, West Virginia
From the looks of the chicks in Murray McMurray's catalog, this appears to be a White Crested Polish. If she's (I HOPE SHE) is not... well, someone glued a big fat cotton ball on her head! I am assuming she was my free rare exotic. So, yeah, probably a Roo:he!!!!

I also got a bright yellow chick (in pic also) I counted everyone and the only thing it could be is Americana... I looked them up too and it says they can come in any color. All the others are "chipmunk" colored.. as have been all my Americana chicks in the past. My luck? probably a Roo too - since I ordered all pullets!

So... tell me - is this what we are??

Secondbatchofbabies015.jpg

Secondbatchofbabies007.jpg

Secondbatchofbabies020.jpg

defiantly got a polish. probably White Crested Polish
the other should not be Americanas
try looking at their white or buff breeds.

Last edited:
You definately have a white crested Polish there. Looks like a boy. Check the other chick for signs of a beard. It looks bigger than the rest;is it?

No, the crested is much smaller. In fact, the Americanas are much larger than all the others. Great.... I need another Roo like I need another hole in my head. argh!!! I have a really bad boy now, who dominates the other Roo. Maybe he can go elsewhere and the Polish can stay
ya.gif

Well, I suppose a Buff Orphington would be nice too huh? Her (I HOPE HER) legs are VERY light tan. My son says "french vanilla" - he's so funny!

I guess when life gives you lemons, you make lemonaid right? Buffs are pretty, and I didn't even have to order a bunch of them! Sweet! Hatchery's mistake.. my blessing!! (I hope!)
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
How will I find that?

Oh, you meant the Yellow chick is bigger. Sorry - don't have my new glasses yet.... and I am guilty of reading too fast.

Yes, the yellow chick is much larger, but close to the same size as the Americanas.

I really appreciate your help!!!!

Back
Top Bottom