White Diarrhea

Samanthaalvin1

In the Brooder
Jun 8, 2020
Dandridge, TN
Good morning! I live in East TN and we have had some extremely hot weather lately. My chickens have watery white stools. They are acting normal and have no other issues. Could this be due to the heat, food or a more serious issue? How should I treat? They are 18 weeks old and eating an organic crumble. 1-2 times a week they get a treat of mealworms.

It could be from drinking more water during the hot weather. You could test a few of their collected droppings, mixed together in a freezer bag and take it to your vet for a fecal float to look for worm eggs or coccidiosis. I change my water twice a day to provide cool water, and keep several waterers in the shade around their yard. A shallow pan of water half full can allow them to stand in and cool their legs. They sell those at most feed stores.

It could be from drinking more water during the hot weather. You could test a few of their collected droppings, mixed together in a freezer bag and take it to your vet for a fecal float to look for worm eggs or coccidiosis. I change my water twice a day to provide cool water, and keep several waterers in the shade around their yard. A shallow pan of water half full can allow them to stand in and cool their legs. They sell those at most feed stores.
Thank you! We keep them in a very shady area and out of direct sun.. I was hoping it could just be the heat and excessive water. I may reach out to the vet tomorrow if it continues for the test.

you could also use a baking sheet and fill with water for them to stand in.

Back
Top Bottom