White Dorkings.....anyone?

They were about 22 or 23 weeks when we butchered them. I honestly can't remember what they weighed, but they were a decent size. Roasting one of them fed me and my husband for 3 nights.

Quote:
I've not tasted Dorking roo...how was it?

Yummmmmmy.

Tender, great texture, rich flavor- meat is much more "dark" appearing than supermarket chicken, and has a much deeper taste. You're in for a treat.

Here are some pics of the White Dorkings (finally!)
23428_img_2424.jpg

23428_img_2427.jpg

23428_img_2429.jpg

Quote:
Oh god....SO gorgeous....oh man...please feel free to post more pictures any time...like, today even, if you wanted to!
lol.png

Oh my gosh I just can't wait, I can't WAIT!! WOOHOOO!

It's so horrible to want to obsess over pictures online and not be able to come up with any because the creature you're obsessing over is so rare! UGH! Thank you thank you for these pictures.

Quote:
I expect that these are infused with some other color. Nice thing in Dorkings is there are lots of colors if crosses are wanted but you don't have to go outside the breed. These are good looking birds.
smile.png

HAhaaha! YES, my dorking chicks ARE home and they are the cutest little peeps!

I will get pictures up, I have some good color crosses, the awesome farmer men I got my chicks from are very committed to the strength of the breed and have brought in some color crosses (birchen, mottle-y lookin', etc) to strengthen the gene pool we're working with in this area...yayayaya! I'm very excited, I feel like such a novice...but I'm learning, you know? There is so much information to take in, I want to do right by this awesome breed so I'm trying to be like a sponge..but my head is just SWIMMING with all of this info!

I'll get pictures up as soon as I can...we're having a crazy goat thing right now, but as soon as that settles, I'll get pics posted.

Back
Top Bottom