White Dorkings.....anyone?

Mountain Farm, it's not too hard to be a good sponge with this breed and even the white color. Join the Society for the Preservation of Poultry Antiquities. They have a web page and a great secretary. SPPA will put you in touch with other Dorking breeders and good chicken people in general. Web page lists contact information for Craig Russel in Pa.. He's President of the SPPA but is also the best resource I know as far as ANYTHING Dorking. Since you have some from them you already know about the guys at Yellow House. There is a book on Dorkings by Jan Irving and I highly reccomend it. It's supposed to be available through Cafe Press but I didn't find it on a quick hunt. Just do an internet search for Jan Irving Dorking book and you'll find it. Lots of information and illustrations.

Didn't expect to find something about white Dorkings but am glad I did. I know right now adults are moulting and chicks are just growing but hope there will be some postings and pictures as the birds start to look like something later towards fall.

HI I DONT HAVE THEM YET IAM SEARCHING FOR THE WHITE DORKINGS OF GOOD QUALITY! I HAVE A COUPLE OF HATCHERY
SILVERS ALTHOUGH THAT IS NOT WHAT IAM REALLY WANTING! REPLY BACK WHERE DO I GET THE WHITES SHIPPED TO ME
NOW HOPE ITS NOT TOO LATE IN JUNE! THANKS LAURRIE

HI I DONT HAVE THEM YET IAM SEARCHING FOR THE WHITE DORKINGS OF GOOD QUALITY! I HAVE A COUPLE OF HATCHERY
SILVERS ALTHOUGH THAT IS NOT WHAT IAM REALLY WANTING! REPLY BACK WHERE DO I GET THE WHITES SHIPPED TO ME
NOW HOPE ITS NOT TOO LATE IN JUNE! THANKS LAURRIE
You can try Jwhip here on BYC (Jeremy Woeppel) XW Poultry website...http://www.xwpoultryranch.com
he's got great Heritage Barred Rocks and White Dorkings.

I love, love, love them! We got 6 Dorkings last spring, only 3 of them survived chickhood, well, one of the died just last week, he had never prospered, never grew much and appeared to have an absess on beak. But, I will share a picture of Gus, my Dorking Rooster.

Back
Top Bottom