White Eggs got me stumped - What really are my breeds?

#1 is a Production Red/Rhode Island Red or Red Sexlink. I highly doubt she will lay white eggs. She has red earlobes, and I don't know of any red breed that is the exception to the red earlobe=brown/white earlobe=white egg rule. #1 will lay brown eggs. Are you sure she's not already laying? Maybe in the bushes or somewhere? She looks very ripe. If she isn't laying already, it'll be any day now.
smile.png

#2 is a Easter Egger, which is a mutt. She could lay any color of eggs, including white.

#3 is a White Leghorn and will for sure lay white eggs. White Leghorns are the best laying breed BTW!
smile.png

Quote:
It's not impossible that your Leghorn could have laid two eggs in one day. When mine were just starting my Barred Rock did...although they were both very thin shelled. I've heard other people get two occasionally within one cycle as well. They do all kinds of strange things when they are starting out is what I'm learning. I hope that's the case and you end up getting green eggs from your EE. But either way, they'll all taste good!
smile.png

That's what I was going to suggest...That maybe the leghorn layed both eggs. Do the eggs look very similar? Even amongst my birds that lay the same color, I can usually tell the eggs apart by size, shape, and other little clues.

Back
Top Bottom