White Emerald Spaulding?

Yes it is just a high % Spalding white. These high % Spalding whites will have long legs like a green peafowl, tight crests, and bright yellow faces. Larger peafowl breeders might be your friend's best bet to find such a bird since they are always working on increasing the green blood in their spaldings.

I know Rocking BAB has some nice Emerald White Spaldings.

People somewhat stopped using the term Emerald to describe a spalding, because some people were falsely using the term Emerald to sell their spaldings that did not have much green blood. I think it created too much confusion.

Here are examples of Rocking BAB's high % Spalding Whites. Basically they look almost like a green that is all white.

Maybe he just meant a high percentage white spalding peacock, emerald word used to describe spalding with more than 75% green blood, but not many people use it now.

Last edited:
And I bet that a very low percentage of those communications pan out into a sale.
You are right about that. Some requests just get shuffled down. If you are new to them or have purchased before, you are more likely to get quicker attention. Multiple inquiries without purchases get shuffled down the list. Questions like "what all do you have available?" get shuffled down the list. They have to prioritize. You call and say " I saw you have a pair of white saplings for $800 and I want them" get answered. Same way with "I need a super special color male right now and I have PayPal on standby". Those types of calls get priority.

@MinxFox , my friend asked me to thank you for the lead to Rocking BAB, and that they will be selling her what she is looking for after the weather clears up a bit.
bow.gif
Oh, and that RB was the ONLY one of the three breeders she contacted that bothered to reply back to her.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I am finding that with large breeders. They can be very hard to get a hold of but you always need to remember to put peafowl or peacock in the subject line if you are emailing them. I contacted Josh recently about getting some chicks but haven't gotten a reply yet. Did your friend email him or call him? I will have to try calling him. He is more likely to answer during the work week than the weekend is what he told me once.

I am so glad to have helped! :)

Unfortunately I am finding that with large breeders. They can be very hard to get a hold of but you always need to remember to put peafowl or peacock in the subject line if you are emailing them. I contacted Josh recently about getting some chicks but haven't gotten a reply yet. Did your friend email him or call him? I will have to try calling him. He is more likely to answer during the work week than the weekend is what he told me once.

I am so glad to have helped!
smile.png
It usually takes 3 to 5 day before i hear from Josh after contacting him via e-mail he is real,busy

Back
Top Bottom