White faced black Spanish enthusiasts, come hither!

Pics
Bo, How many generations do you think it'd take to get the white face back? I don't have either breed right now, but I remember back when I did have Minocras (and have heard from other breeders as well) that it is a fight to keep white out of their face as is. (Perhaps it was just the strain I was working with?)
Not too sure, I have only started working with these but I would think in a couple of generations. I have two goals with this cross, to increase the size of the spanish and to increase the size of the ear lobe in the minorca.

Greetings all,

Had a great first hatch, and have 16 nice chicks developing and another 24 eggs in the Brinsea, but in the meantime my hens are still laying if anyone is up for an egg swap. I can FedEx Overnight or USPS priority mail them.

Have a great Memorial Day!

Hopefully will be joining the White Faced Black Spanish owners crew in two weeks here. Supposed to be picking up a trio at a show first weekend of June.

Edit: Nevermind, not happening due to job changes. I will admire from afar and will have some someday though.

Last edited:

Oh Boy! I want some! I already have 16 chickens and live in a somewhat populated area. I am wanting to acquire a breeding pair. I think they are lovely birds!

So now that my first hatch is a month old, I'm noticing a very definitive difference in comb and wattle development...being either crazy big, or not big at all, with not one "in-between" bird. Have you all found, as it pertains only to WFBS, that the comb and wattle in your young birds has been a consistent indicator of gender, or have you been pleasantly suprised around week 16 that some of the birds that grown up with the larger combs and wattles and longer tails turned out to be hens? Do your juveniles fall into either extreme like this? I would hate to cull my best pullets, prematurely assessing them as cockerels, but would love to sell off some earlier rather than later to focus on my potential breeders. I'll try and post some pics later. Thanks!!!

Back
Top Bottom