white foam in both eyes !!!

cheryl63

Hatching
10 Years
Jun 10, 2009
my bantam rooster has white foam in both eyes and her vent looks red and swollen, the white foam is covering his eyes almost all the way
of course he cant see good what can this be and what do i treat it with?

thanks

Last edited:
THANKS FOR YOUR QUICK ANSWERS ! i just went and got the antibiotic it says 400-800 MG PER GALLON I NEED THAT BROKEN DOWN FOR ME ANYONE KNOW WHAT THAT WOULD BE

I'm not sure what the dosage is for chickens. Do a search on BYC for "Tylan dosage" or "Tylan dose". If you haven't updated by the time I get back, I will see if I can find out.

The only thing I know to use for these ailments is Tylan. Those illnesses are resistant to most antibiotics, so that probably won't work. Tractor Supply usually has the Tylan. It is labeled for cattle or swine. It is my understanding you give 1/2 - 1 cc to a chicken (I would say only 1/2 for a bantam). Do you have a Tractor Supply?

Yes Thats Where I Went Shoot! I Already Put It In There Water ....... I Will Have To Go Back 2morrow And Re Check
Thanks For Your Answers Very Helpfull !

well today was the same for him but one eye was crusted shut,, the other foamy.... he is by himself and the rest so far have no symptoms...i put ointment on both eyes and within 30 min the crusted eye was open did that twice today
he is eating have not seen him drink hopefull he is meds are in his water.... i have some left over medicated chix feed should i give him that as well?
i did put meds in everyones water hope i was right by doing that ??????????????????

dont know what else to do.....they have never been sick before.................he walks around, and he can still see so far unless you come up to him he hurrys away and bumps into things

any other suggestions anyone? no sneezing no discharge from nose or mouth , he is a little red an swolled over his nose... looks like another roo might have fought with him maybe i dont know

thanks

Back
Top Bottom