White foamy substance in chicks mouth

chick helps pls

In the Brooder
May 9, 2021
Hi, this is my first time incubating eggs

my chick hatched with assisted hatching which I did research on and it went good

he wasn’t fluffing up so we washed him ans that went good, now he’s fluffed up,
He hasn’t been eating so I’ve been feeding him a yolk water mixture, before and even now he’s been open mouth breathing and there is a white foamy substance in the back of his mouth but I don’t know what it is can someone help, he isn’t chirping ans I don’t know if he’s choking but I don’t think he is

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    459 KB · Views: 20
Im not sure, it seems normal like thats not a issue, dip his beak in water and try that, im not to sure im not the best..

Try feeling the back of his throat a bit, maybe it will help.
That’s not working either, it looks like he’s yawning, out stretching his neck opening his mouth, going back to normal and then repeating, he’s chirping a bit now so I think he might be better, thank you for your help

do you know anything I could feed him to give him more energy or something? He doesn’t like eating the yolk mixture and he won’t eat solid food, neither will the small one I have next to it with splayed legs

That’s not working either, it looks like he’s yawning, out stretching his neck opening his mouth, going back to normal and then repeating, he’s chirping a bit now so I think he might be better, thank you for your help

do you know anything I could feed him to give him more energy or something? He doesn’t like eating the yolk mixture and he won’t eat solid food, neither will the small one I have next to it with splayed legs
No problem, id feed him electrolytes mixture. *look whatevee the mixture is up, im not to sure the exact mixture*

This is what i looked up to be the mixture, maybe try it out?
  • 1 cup warm water.
  • 2 teaspoons molasses OR 2 teaspoons granulated sugar.
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt.
  • 1/8 teaspoon baking soda.
  • 1/8 teaspoon potassium chloride* (optional)

This is what i looked up to be the mixture, maybe try it out?
  • 1 cup warm water.
  • 2 teaspoons molasses OR 2 teaspoons granulated sugar.
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt.
  • 1/8 teaspoon baking soda.
  • 1/8 teaspoon potassium chloride* (optional)
Ok I will try that thank u so much for your help, I will definitely be asking a lot of questions on here in the future

Back
Top Bottom