White foamy substance in chicks mouth

Im glad i could help! Feel free to ask me any more questions and ill try my best to awnser.
Ok now he is barely breathing, he is limp and not moving and his eyes are closed I don’t think he going to make it but is there anything I can do to save him? I’m trying to give him the electrolyte water but he’s barely drinking that

Ok now he is barely breathing, he is limp and not moving and his eyes are closed I don’t think he going to make it but is there anything I can do to save him? I’m trying to give him the electrolyte water but he’s barely drinking that
I have never heard of such a situation. It must be really hard trying to save the chick. If it is not drinking water by itself then i suggest getting a syringe and feeding the water into his mouth.

Hi, this is my first time incubating eggs

my chick hatched with assisted hatching which I did research on and it went good

he wasn’t fluffing up so we washed him ans that went good, now he’s fluffed up,
He hasn’t been eating so I’ve been feeding him a yolk water mixture, before and even now he’s been open mouth breathing and there is a white foamy substance in the back of his mouth but I don’t know what it is can someone help, he isn’t chirping ans I don’t know if he’s choking but I don’t think he is
Oh my.

Let me see if I got this right...
The chick had trouble hatching on its own so you assisted then you washed a freshly hatched chick and you're force feeding?

Are you 100% sure you're not forcing the food down the wrong pipe in its mouth?
I'm going to take a wild guess and bet that you are.

Oh my.

Let me see if I got this right...
The chick had trouble hatching on its own so you assisted then you washed a freshly hatched chick and you're force feeding?

Are you 100% sure you're not forcing the food down the wrong pipe in its mouth?
I'm going to take a wild guess and bet that you are.
It doesn’t matter, he didn’t make it, I held him till he passed away this morning. But thank you for responding, like I said this is my first time and I didn’t know what to do so this was a difficult loss

It doesn’t matter, he didn’t make it, I held him till he passed away this morning. But thank you for responding, like I said this is my first time and I didn’t know what to do so this was a difficult loss
Next time remember that it is extremely dangerous to force anything in to a chick's mouth. I would never recommend any one doing it.

Also...never bath a chick. Never.

Alright, like you did before now you want to switch back to food for chicks, no electrolytes. Now just give him raw egg yolk and make sure hes comfortable

Next time remember that it is extremely dangerous to force anything in to a chick's mouth. I would never recommend any one doing it.

Also...never bath a chick. Never.
I will remember this for next time, we never intended to hurt it, it’s feathers hadn’t come up and it was in the incubator for over 48 hours so figured it would start getting hungry soon, so I took it out and fed it, it was eating fine but it’s feathers were all stuck down, so we took some Q tips and very gently cleaned up his feathers and put him in front of a heater to make sure he didn’t get cold. After that he wouldn’t eat or drink so I carefully dipped his beak in some electrolyte water, I even tried giving it some egg yolk. It just wasn’t meant to be and I just hope that I wasn’t the total cause of it passing away

Back
Top Bottom