White Holland or Midget White?

Dypyn_Dottes

In the Brooder
Apr 8, 2023
We ordered mixed heritage poults from Meyer hatchery about 4 months ago. The Black Spanish and Bourbon Red were pretty easy to figure out, but how do we know if our white turkeys are White Hollands or Midget Whites?

Attachments

• 20230804_153236.jpg
    20230804_153236.jpg
    577.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 20230728_205000.jpg
    20230728_205000.jpg
    573.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 20230728_204919.jpg
    20230728_204919.jpg
    836.6 KB · Views: 14
We ordered mixed heritage poults from Meyer hatchery about 4 months ago. The Black Spanish and Bourbon Red were pretty easy to figure out, but how do we know if our white turkeys are White Hollands or Midget Whites?
By the size they turn out to be when they are adults. White Hollands will be much bigger than Midget Whites.

I have the same mystery going on. I have a black Spanish tom, a black Spanish hen and two white hens that are either midget whites or white Hollands. They are all almost 4 months old and the white birds have always been noticeably smaller than the black Spanish turkeys, does that help determine which breed they are?

I have the same mystery going on. I have a black Spanish tom, a black Spanish hen and two white hens that are either midget whites or white Hollands. They are all almost 4 months old and the white birds have always been noticeably smaller than the black Spanish turkeys, does that help determine which breed they are?
It may help determine what variety they are. All domestic turkeys are the breed Turkey.

Ours are about 4 months old as well, and the Whites are as big if not slightly bigger than the black Spanish. We have one tom of each variety, and the white tom is bigger than the black Spanish and the red bourbon.

Ours are about 4 months old as well, and the Whites are as big if not slightly bigger than the black Spanish. We have one tom of each variety, and the white tom is bigger than the black Spanish and the red bourbon.
Based on my armature internet research, I think we both have White Hollands, because they have similar mature weights and growth rates to Spanish Blacks. Midget Whites are like half the size at maturity and grow more slowly, like 50% slower.

Back
Top Bottom