White Jersey Giants

@Beer can originally I was going to do some crosses with them. I'm probably not going to do that now. I've. Got a beautiful splash hen that will be introduced to the flock later. And I have plans for getting a few of the Black Giants to add in

I've all ready started on accommodations for separating the breeds.

That's my problem at the moment. Four separate groups. I'd like to get rid of our current flock of layers but the family is attached to some of them, and their still laying. I'd like to get it down to three groups. White giants, red sussex, silkie giants.

That's my problem at the moment. Four separate groups. I'd like to get rid of our current flock of layers but the family is attached to some of them, and their still laying. I'd like to get it down to three groups. White giants, red sussex, silkie giants.
Silkie giants????You been sharing your beer with the chickens?? You've got to post pictures!!

Last edited:
Right now I have 25 slow broiler,half of which are destined for camp in 6 wks,5 Dark Cornish,3White Giants,1Splash Giant,6 barred Rocks,5black Copper Marans,4Dorkings,1 asil,and tomorrow I'm going to pick up 8 Saipan. Oh yea,and 5 embden geese

I really enjoy the Giants. They are aggressive towards the other chickens though. And they eat a pile of feed. Big Boy is very vigilant. Any time a bird lands in the pen, he goes on the attack.lol

Silkie giants????You been sharing your beer with the chickens?? You've got to post pictures!!

Haven't done the cross yet, plan to in the spring, white silkie rooster over a white giant hen, just to mix some giant into them. The silkies I have are already very large, rooster is over six pounds. Got them from TSC this spring. Definitely not SOP, they are fibro black skin, five toes, silkie feathering. But their crests are small, way heavier then the standard, grew very fast, laid earlier then any breed of chicken I've ever had, and lay a nice medium egg daily. They will suit my purposes of crossing for a heavier fibro meat bird, and large broodies if I want them to.
I'll post pics, have to get on my phone.

Back
Top Bottom