White Leghorn Combs?

abosman

Chirping
Apr 15, 2020
What age do white leghorn pullets start to grow their combs? We got a few pullets from TSC about two weeks ago and their combs are already pretty big.. I know the white leghorn breed in general have pretty big combs, including the females but i’m just curious. :)

What age do white leghorn pullets start to grow their combs? We got a few pullets from TSC about two weeks ago and their combs are already pretty big.. I know the white leghorn breed in general have pretty big combs, including the females but i’m just curious. :)
My white leghorn pullet's combs have just recently started growing at 2 months old. The cockerel's comb started growing at 2 weeks old and is now bright red and large and he has just started trying to crow.

If your noticing a difference at 2 weeks then you probably have a couple of cockerels. TSC got me too with white leghorns, 1 of 6 was a cockerel. If you want you can post a pic of the suspects and other members will help decide if they are cockerels. Or, you can wait a couple more weeks and you’ll know for sure. White Leghorn cockerels develop pretty fast.

502E5835-114D-40A9-89B2-FB8B91B57C9A.jpeg
7B4ABCF0-9648-432E-8E44-04A4C0135B01.jpeg
9E67C94A-6A0B-4208-82E9-06B735AEF138.jpeg

here’s our three *hoping to be girls* :hmm

After seeing them from the side I believe they are leghorns. Leghorns do feather out fast. I’ve had quite a few leghorns but it’s been a few years so I can’t compare those combs against anything. At that age and about any other non Mediterranean breed I would say roosters but if they would happen to be a little older I could see them as pullets

Back
Top Bottom