White leghorn not laying white eggs?

Your second photo reminds me of one of my Azur Blues (Hendrix Genetics leghorn x Auracana). Robin egg blue eggs

My gal is actually splash in colour
955C6609-54EF-4764-84B1-7021A053CDB2.jpeg

6BA107B7-4863-4EDF-AE77-504EA35E4DFF.jpeg

But you can see the leghorn in her.

I have 4 young hens who just came into lay, well at least 3 laying now. Rural king had them labeled as ISA browns and White leghorns. I’m getting blue and Olive green eggs! The “white leghorns” look exactly down to the T like a leghorn, slender bodies on the smaller side of standard and white earlobes and yellow legs and feet. Large flopped over red combs. The brown hens are a golden brown fitting the looks of ISA brown but of course I know there are breeds like the start light eggers that look similar so that’s not as puzzling but I’ve never heard of a leghorn laying any color but white! Has anyone ever heard of this?
I just posted a thread with the same issue. Got some chicks from rural king back in the spring. I have 2 hens that are pure white (look just like leghorns). They lay blue eggs. If you look at their ear lobes, they have a slight blue hue to them. I have no clue what they are, but obviously mixed with arucauna or Americauna. Or I even thought maybe a rare type of legbar that is pure white. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I just posted a thread with the same issue. Got some chicks from rural king back in the spring. I have 2 hens that are pure white (look just like leghorns). They lay blue eggs. If you look at their ear lobes, they have a slight blue hue to them. I have no clue what they are, but obviously mixed with arucauna or Americauna. Or I even thought maybe a rare type of legbar that is pure white. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Could you post photos of them? They probably are the frosted legbars or whatever the hatcheries call them.

The "ISA browns" are probably starlight green eggers if the eggs are olive color. The white ones are confusing...i'm not sure on them.

Back
Top Bottom