White leghorns laying brown eggs

My White Tetra from TSC lays white eggs although looks just like yours. Interesting....learn something new everyday about chickens...love it.

Last edited:
Well, I'm new to raising chickens, but I've had two locals to look at the chickens and they have both said that they look like leghorns to them. Was just hoping someone here had some ideas. Possibly leghorn mixed with something else?

I believe so. I picked up little yellow fuzz butts last spring at TSC, thinking I had Tetra Tints, but it appears they are leghorns, since I am getting white pullet eggs. TT's are supposed to lay brown eggs, and the white girls definely are flighty.

How funny is that? I also got some yellow peeps last April @ TSC and today I found 2 liht brown eggs. My 3 girls look the same like the post starter ones and the were labeled something with L but NOT Leghorn, because I didn't want Leghorns, so I would not bought them

86182_chicken_033a.jpg

86182_chicken_014a.jpg

86182_chicken_036a.jpg

Of course I don't have a pic from the third girl, with the biggest reddest comb of this trio
hmm.png

And here my very first 2 eggs from my girls

86182_first_eggs.jpg

Yes, your chickens look like what I have. If you remember what they were labeled, please post later.

Back
Top Bottom